11.17.2005

Going to the Movies


Movies that I was excited about seeing this year were few and far between. There was Batman Begins, Sin City, Serenity, and now, it's Walk the Line.

You'd never know that I like Johnny Cash. I don't own a single album (that'll change soon), don't have any singles, never saw him in concert, but I've always dug him so much, and since he's passed, the admiration has grown. When I heard Joaquin Phoenix was set to play him in the movie, that thrilled me to no end. One of my favorite actors playing one of my favorite singers.

So far, the reviews have been wicked positive. Even if they weren't, I'll still be buying a ticket and braving the unwashed masses. I think it'll be worth it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I started seeing the ads on TV, I figured you'd be stoked. (remembering your reply to my "Walk the Line" comment on flickrĀ®) :D

11/17/2005 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed that you don't own any of his albums! Great music!

11/17/2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

I'm working on it, nina, and Nikki sent me 'The Wanderer,' so I wouldn't be completely bereft. ;-)

11/17/2005 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Joaquin.

11/17/2005 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



NaBloPoMo
Issue #905
on and on
Arrested Development: Season 1
Tootsie Fruit Rolls