12.15.2005

See Jane read

Ever since I was a wee lass, I've been a voracious reader. Then at some point in the last 5 years or so, I'm ashamed to say that my reading list dwindled down to almost nothing. The thing is, too, is that I have a bookshelf full of books, many of which I haven't read yet. It wasn't until after I saw "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings," that I was inspired to pick up a book that didn't involve Calvin & Hobbes (not that there's anything wrong with that) or the Bridget Jones' series.

As you can see on the right, I'm currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha, and loving it. But once I'm done with that, I'm not sure what I should move on to. In other words, I need help here, people. I'm tired of feeling like an illiterate yahoo.

So, what do you all recommend I spend my hard-earned cashola on?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a party!

12/16/2005 7:28 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

I normally pay with goats, but they're not in season right now.

Nik, that sounds like a great deal; I'll take it!

Tami, excellent recommendation. :)

12/18/2005 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save some dough and read what you have unread on the shelf. There was a reason you bought those books in the first place, yes?

12/19/2005 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I absolutely loved the Time Traveller's Wife. Very interesting concept and so well written. There are a couple of other suggestions on my site in the archives under "reviewing" if that's not your cup of tea.

12/20/2005 2:13 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Dave, you're making entirely too much sense. Here, have a cookie. ;-)

Karen, you're the second person to suggest that book. Looks like it's going on the list. Thanks!

12/21/2005 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



NaBloPoMo
Issue #905
on and on
Arrested Development: Season 1
Tootsie Fruit Rolls