12.15.2005

See Jane read

Ever since I was a wee lass, I've been a voracious reader. Then at some point in the last 5 years or so, I'm ashamed to say that my reading list dwindled down to almost nothing. The thing is, too, is that I have a bookshelf full of books, many of which I haven't read yet. It wasn't until after I saw "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings," that I was inspired to pick up a book that didn't involve Calvin & Hobbes (not that there's anything wrong with that) or the Bridget Jones' series.

As you can see on the right, I'm currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha, and loving it. But once I'm done with that, I'm not sure what I should move on to. In other words, I need help here, people. I'm tired of feeling like an illiterate yahoo.

So, what do you all recommend I spend my hard-earned cashola on?

8 Comments:

Blogger buttershug said...

Cash?! Don't they have lieberries in Arizona? =)

12/16/2005 3:15 AM  
Blogger buttershug said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/16/2005 3:15 AM  
Blogger buttershug said...

Oops, that was me. Next time I'll hit preview first.
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil should be your next book. I'll even loan it to you!

12/16/2005 3:17 AM  
Anonymous Tami Jo said...

It's a party!

12/16/2005 7:28 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

I normally pay with goats, but they're not in season right now.

Nik, that sounds like a great deal; I'll take it!

Tami, excellent recommendation. :)

12/18/2005 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Davezilla said...

Save some dough and read what you have unread on the shelf. There was a reason you bought those books in the first place, yes?

12/19/2005 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Oh, I absolutely loved the Time Traveller's Wife. Very interesting concept and so well written. There are a couple of other suggestions on my site in the archives under "reviewing" if that's not your cup of tea.

12/20/2005 2:13 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Dave, you're making entirely too much sense. Here, have a cookie. ;-)

Karen, you're the second person to suggest that book. Looks like it's going on the list. Thanks!

12/21/2005 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



NaBloPoMo
Issue #905
on and on
Arrested Development: Season 1
Tootsie Fruit Rolls