6.28.2006

I miss you



Mozart, my sister's, and our family dog of about 12 years, died Monday night. For many of those years, my parents and I helped raise him. I remember countless walks, trips to the groomer's, the vet, playing in the backyard, hunting him down whenever he managed to get out (which thankfully, wasn't that often), giving him treats, or just sitting with him on the porch, scritching him behind the ears, while we both enjoyed the sunset. He was a Siberian Huskie, intelligent, with a loving, loyal demeanor, bright, beautiful blue eyes, and he was always happy to see you. Always.

Out of respect for my sister's request for privacy, I'm not posting a picture of him. But I felt I had to remember him here, somehow. Whenever Mozart went to the groomers, they would dress him up with a little bandanna or scarf around his neck. He would look so handsome and cute (and happy to be out of there). I don't know why, but I saved this particular one, and put it away. Now I'm glad that I did.

I'll miss you, buddy. Have fun chasing those squirrels up there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack Lyons said...

*sniff*

6/28/2006 3:41 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

Aw, thank you, both. I've been crying on and off now since I found out. It's never easy, especially when you think they're going to be around forever. He was a great pooch, for sure.

Thanks, again. *sniff*

6/28/2006 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



NaBloPoMo
Issue #905
on and on
Arrested Development: Season 1
Tootsie Fruit Rolls