2.21.2006

The latest and greatest in customer service

Dave's recent post about annoying the drive-thru clerk reminded me of my recent visit to McDonald's over the past weekend.

Mind you, I had decided to go inside, since the drive-thru was packed, but nonetheless, I was not disappointed.

The exchange went as such:

Many Cards Short of a Deck Cashier (MCSOADC): "Can I help who's next?"
Me: "Yes, I'd like a Quarter Pounder, no cheese, and a medium fry. To go, please."
MCSOADC: (Presses several buttons on register) "Did you want the meal?"
Me: "No, thanks. Just the sandwich and the fries" (I had already picked up a vat of Dr. Pepper at the Circle K)
MCSOADC: (Presses buttons, pauses, presses more buttons) "Did you want cheese on that?"
Me: "No."
MCSOADC: (Looks at me, presses buttons, pauses to look slightly confused, presses more buttons) "So, that's one Quarter Pounder, no cheese. Anything else to go with that?"
Me: "Did you get the medium fry?"
MCSOADC: (Pauses, presses an unmentionable amount of buttons, which I think at this point, the hamsters in the wheel keeled over)
"Is that for here or to go?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Franikins said...

LOL...Did you feel like you were in bizarro land? Or that there was an invisible force field only allowing certain words to reach the cashier?

Did they at least get your order right?

2/21/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Bizarro land is a good name for it.

They got the order right, which was a miracle, considering I usually end up having to take it back, due to the cheese factor, or it just being the wrong sandwich altogether.

If it wasn't for the fact that I occasionally get a major hankering for the saltiness that is their fries, I'd never go there. lol

2/21/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger buttershug said...

"If it wasn't for the fact that I occasionally get a major hankering for the saltiness that is their fries, I'd never go there. lol"

Word. I am a french fry-a-holic. It's my mother's fault and cannot be helped.

2/22/2006 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



NaBloPoMo
Issue #905
on and on
Arrested Development: Season 1
Tootsie Fruit Rolls